Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here goes. All of my mods are listed below. First run ever (and I mean ever): 2.22 60', 14.68 @ 95.66 MPH with a 1.06 R/T. I never got a better run all night. I ran 10 more times. The next two were real bad.

The next two best times I had were 2.29 60', 14.71 @ 95.69 mph with a .767 R/T and a 2.28 60', 14.76 @ 95.07 mph with a 1.18 R/T. What am I doing wrong / right? Can I get my times down? I was kinda dissapointed in my numbers, but it was my first time out. Oh yeah one more thing. I was running stock pressure on my first and best run, then dropped it down to about 20 psi hot. It didnt really make a difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well your 60' times arent the greatest, get some good, nitto drags on the back, and that will help some.:)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice times for a 98. Lower your rpm at launch may help to keep you from spinning as bad which will lower you sixty. Your car seems to have a few more tenths to gain with better sixty times.

·
Banned
356 Posts
I have a 98 GT 5 spd. and ran it for the first time about 6 weeks ago. I ran a 14.5 @ 93 and I have no mods. I mean none. The only thing done is the air silencer is removed. I launched at about 1800 and powershifted @ 5800. I was please. Just keep working on the driving aspect you will run better numbers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replies. Traction was a big problem I think. I could hear my tires spinning all the way through 1st gear. I tried heating the tires up a little, but it didn't seen to help a whole lot. I think if I had some better tires, I could pull maybe a 14.5.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 98 GT and my best so far to date has been a 14.1 at 96.5. All I had in the car at the time was 3:73 gears, Steeda Triax shifter, and a K& N drop in. I run consistently 14.3's with mods.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What did you have the air pressure set at in the rear meats? I ran some komos at 12lbs and cut a 1.8 60'. The nittos are great i run them on the street spring summer and fall. They hook great but you have to do a 4 sec burn out to get them good and hot. Also don't just dumb the clutch ride it some to keep the revs up. IT will kill your clutch but your times will be better. Hope that helps

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ran a 1.92 60' foot and I was running my street tires which were Pirelli P7000 (275/40/17). I didn't dump the clutch...instead I rode it all of the hole...I live in Orlando, Fl and I am like 15 min away from Orlando Speedworld...

·
Registered
864 Posts
pony4pt6 said:
I live in Orlando, Fl and I am like 15 min away from Orlando Speedworld...
Where in Orlando? I live right by UCF on Alafaya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts