Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have some questions I want to ask.
The car im getting has 160 miles on it. it has been taken care of well by having its 3k oil changes. now the car is bone stock and sounds strong.

now should i go and buy summits rebuild kit (forged)
or should i get a newer engine such as one from stang parts and use all the orgin acc. on new motor.

what do you guys recommend I should do.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
268 Posts
Why mess with a good thing?

I wouldnt rebuild unless I had to, but thats just me. MHO, buying a rebuild kit and replacing alot of stuff is just asking for trouble. I would leave well enough alone. As long as it isnt smoking or using oil, then why worry? You said the car has been maintained (which is 90 percent to an engine), and sounds/runs strong.

Why worry?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
dont mess with it, what i do is if i find a good deal on parts i buy them if i think i might need it latter , i have a GOOD extra 5-speed i bought for 100.00 couse i know thies break , i also bought an 8.8 rearend for 50.00 couse after you go lots faster thies will SOMTIMES twist axle tubes, so if i were you and i knew i would keep the car if you run across a GOOD 5.0 cheap buy it, if you never youse it sell it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well only reason why i ask is because I wanna start working on the engine it self.
You think modding up a high mileage car is a smart thing? at some point wanna be puting some nitrous or a s/c on the car.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Ive seen N2O used on motors with more than 200000 miles on them with no ill effects.
The good ole 5.0 lasts a longgg time:D

If your wanting to rebuild then by all means pick up a spare engine to work on. When its complete drop it in and sell the old one;) Keeps down time low LMAO

·
Registered
84 Posts
buddy of mine was spraying a motor that had 300,000 miles on the short block and was running low 11s high 10s on his combo.....it just all matters how you take care of it and are smart with the stuff
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts