Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine will be here in two weeks or less. Dealer called me today...he has already been invoiced by Ford, so it could arrive in next 5 to 10 days. Question is this: what will be my first mod? I am leaning toward off road H as first mod. This will do two things: better sound, and better performance. Any idea on what O/R H will fit? Also, what are expected to be other "out of the box" mods? Looking forward to hearing from other soon-to-be '03 Cobra owners.
Later,
CW

·
Registered
96 Posts
subframe connectors

·
Registered
117 Posts
K&N would be my first mod since i hate paper filters no real protection compared to the K&N

·
Registered
864 Posts
venemous bite said:
headers ! 4.10 gear
I second that. Long tubes and 4.10s.. actually take out the whole exhaust

·
Registered
253 Posts
i will probably do a o/r H pipe first as well! and of course a k&n. then a catback, gears(410's), then a pulley, then?? omg. ,,crap it's my 96 gt all over again:evil: will the mods ever end
:evilgrin:

leon

·
Registered
117 Posts
even the guys in mm & ff magazine, the new july issue ,where they drive the new 2003 cobra say the 4.10 gears would work good with the 6 speed tranny

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
don't you guys think a 4.10 gear is a bit much for that kind of torque ouput???? :confused:

How about a good shifter?? I'm sure you're gonna bang those gears like crazy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Skip that h pipe and go for the x. 2 words......dr. gas. or maybe bbk. but definetly x over h,whole exhaust actually and some gears. 4:10's would be ideal.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My guess would be

Tires

Gears

O/R x or h pipe

Custom tune

those would all rank high on my list if I had one. Never know I might jump on the bandwagon someday. Looks like a great car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I get my hands on one this spring / summer, I would do a catback for sure. Seriously consider 4.10 gears with that dream of a six speed (yea). Look for the Tri-Ax shifter for it, but keep that nice 6 speed knob. And of course a K&N. That's where I would stop & wait a few months for more direction from the magazine tweaking results on what works best & what's a waste of money.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
If I were you guys I would wait a little while before mods, especially for illegal mods such as OR pipes. What if there is a bunch of recalls on the early models, and the dealer can't/won't work on your car?

RE the TQ question and gears. My car makes a lot more TQ than the new 03's (though at a higher RPM), and with traction help such as DR's, you can deal with it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
phrogman46 said:
K&N would be my first mod since i hate paper filters no real protection compared to the K&N
You know this to be so? With any drivability problems on your car, this will be first place they look. I would stick with a non-oiled filter. The paper stock one is best for filtering, IMHO, and if you think it restrictive, just change it every time you change the oil. There may be no aftermarket filters that fit for a while anyway.

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you can: WAIT.. Just 2 or 3 months...

Not sure what's is comming for the '03, almost nobody have their hands on it yet..

btw, I heard that the Cobra is comming with totally different sounds from the exhaust. :evil:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wonder if O/R H or X pipe from a '99-'01 fit the '03?
CW

1 - 20 of 71 Posts