Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I guess I'm a noob...though I'm pretty sure I created an account a few years ago when I bought my first Mustang (2014 GT). I couldn't find the login stuff though so I just created a new one. Anyways, I've always been a huge fox body fan. First Mustang I ever rode in was a Fox Body. First Mustang I ever drove in was a Fox Body and when I first really got into cars as a teenager, I hung out with a few guys who had modified Fox Bodies and needless to say, I've wanted one ever since. Well, in January I finally picked up my first Fox Body. It's a 1988 GT, white with the red stripe around the middle (Vanilla Ice style-ish, lol). I've been trying to do some small things when I have time to work on the car.....like fixing the horn, replacing some minor exterior and interior pieces, returning the CAI to stock, etc. It definitely needs some more work like fixing some oil leaks and addressing some rust but overall I'm pretty happy with the car and I'm looking forward to continuing work on it as sort of a resto-mod/occasional weekend track car, in the coming months and years. I've documented my progress in some threads on other forums but trying to cast a wide net so I can get as much insight and guidance as possible from other Mustang owners.

Anyways, here's the car (along with my 2014 GT):
IMG-6995b.jpg
IMG-5044b.jpg
IMG-6921bc.jpg
IMG-6967b3.jpg

I'm documenting my progress (and learning experience) through videos on YouTube. Will share links in my next post (I guess you can't add links to your first post). Always open to advice and suggestions so please feel free to comment. Thanks and cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few recent updates....I made some progress on getting the horn fixed, identified a few other problems that need to be addressed.

Also fixed the intake box seal (and added a K&N filter, serious powah).

I picked up some weatherstripping from a hardware store close by but I didn't feel confident it could be manipulated to make the right shape without cutting it and gluing it together a bunch so I just ended up returning it and ordering the replacement seal from LMR. It took me probably close to half an hour to clean off the old stuff but I got it done eventually and got the new seal on the air box.

Old seal
IMG-7309.JPG

New seal, pretty happy with fit and quality
IMG-7041.JPG
IMG-7301.JPG
IMG-7315.jpg

I made a short video of the air box fix

Also ordered a few random small hardware pieces...the hardware for the fender splash shield, so it’s easier to put back in when I get it all cleaned up, also the battery tray hardware kit, and the hood rubber bumper kit.

I’ve got some other stuff on my list but trying not to be irresponsible with money given the current situation...and also need to make sure I’m not forgetting the importance of fixing the rust and leaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made some progress on some small things on Friday and Saturday...including adding some more sticker-based horsepower :p, updated the airbox hardware, added new inner seat-belt sleeves, and installed hood rubber bumpers. Little things but I still count them as progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts