Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dumb sometimes. I have a 95 gt 5.0 . Getting a NEW svo or a351 block. a351 has two bolt main right? I want buy a cam for it and the cam has a 13726548 firing order. When is the 351W firing order different from a 302? Is is just prior to 85?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so basically.. any cam designed for 302 mustangs (HO) will work in a 351 block? I don't know much about older mustang engines. but the HO was only in mustangsj and post 85 right? I am looking to put a trick flow stage two cam in a new 351 block with afr 185 heads. Want a street car that will move. I want a gt40 351 lower but don't know what upper intakes I have to choose from. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
don't mean to be stupyd but what about the crankshaft? Aren't there two firing orders for crankshafts? The cam opens the valves and is equally as responsible as the crankshaft for getting the pistons in top position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.