Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a firewall adjuster this weekend and was wondering if anyone could lead me in a direction to find an install guide to it. The one I bought had no instructions. Also, should I be looking at buying a stock replacement cable or would the BBK adj I have now work fine? Using the adj cable just isn't cutting it anymore. The thing is brought out to the extreme to adjust pedal play and the clutch still releases at the floor. It did work when I first adjusted it, then after about 500 miles it moved itself to the floor. I shouldn't have to adjust it that often, should I?? If I do, then screw climbing under the car, I'll just get this firewall adjuster. Basically, I need install procedures please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
With the firewall adjuster, you do not need an adjustable cable anymore. If you want you can get a new stocker.

It adjuster mounts against the firewall. The clutch cable goes through it, and the "donut" rests on the other side. You turn the adjuster to make it wider or narrower to take up slack or add slack.

I am assuming you already have a new aluminum clutch quadrant. If you don't get one of those too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts