Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rented a welding machine and and a band saw and got the thing installed. boy, what i big pain in the nether regions! :) wont be doing that again! and my welding skills have gone to *hit! but there are no leaks. butt-o-meter says i picked up quite a bit over the mac offroad H and it is definitely quieter. now, when i get the magnaflows welded in it should be perfect. i will go to the track this week and see if it helped. with a full tank of gas and the addition of the blower, my car now weighs 3600 with me in it! thing is in need of a diet. :(

david

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
So, you're not selling it anymore? Damn.

Congrats on the persistence. You've definately made me think twice about getting one. I don't have a clue where I can get it welded. The muffler shops won't touch anything without cats and I'm too new here to know anyone with a welder.

Glad to see it worked out.

Tim

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah, went ahead and installed it. i have been wanting one for a while but never got around to it until now. it really sux doing it by yourself with the car in the driveway on jackstands. very hard to get it lined up right. i did lay the old H pipe out and formed the X pipe on top of it, but it wasnt quite right so i have to cut and reweld about 3 times. it is in there but my right tailpipe is sucked in almost an inch further than the left. :(

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
sweet, how does it sound with the flows? i'm eventually thinking about changing my BBK LT/BBK offroad h/MAC catback to Dr.gas offroad x/ and welded in 2 chamber flows in place of the mac muffs. i like the way my exhaust sounds now but i know dr.gas' make a little more power. i've heard they sound good with flows on fox bodys. :)

marcus

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds really good. i will keep it this way for a while. not quite as obnoxious as the H pipe. sounds a bit more like a nascar than a mustang. take the thing and have it installed by someone that has done a few b/c it is a royal PITA. JMO.

david

i will be up in dallas in 2 weeks if you want to hear it. or are you back in CS?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i'm in CS. i know a couple people that could weld it. right now i need to get the remaining pieces for the bullitt intake swap. i'll probably wait till after i grad in may to mess with the exhaust. i'd definately like to hear yours though. any chance you could post some sound clips of it?

marcus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts