Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am a little dissapointed, but very happy to get some numbers. Last nite i ran at firebird, temp was very cool (below 50) and at first the track was hooking. However a guy flipped his car and spilt oil and gas all over the track. After waiting from 7:30 till 11:55 I finally got a run, and by that time the track was ICE cold, and they were only running one lane at a time. I had never launched on the slicks and was going to try a run at 3000, one at 4000 and one at 5000 depending on how it felt. Well i launched at 3000 and got a little bit of spin, then kinda bogged and off I went. I powershifted to 2nd and the tires spun again, enough to have the back end start to come around, when it caught i grabbed 3rd and it felt nice to the finish, but i let off early (opps). The track was horrible. I had the MT E/T drags at 12 lbs and was still spinning into 2nd. SO here's my numbers. NOt that great but a start.
60 - 2.203 (horrible for slicks)
330- 6.242
1/8 - 9.521
MPH - 71.92
1000 - 12.393
1/4 - 14.81
MPH - 92.10 (opps let off)

So what do you think? I am going again next friday to get some more practice launching, and hopefully the track will hold 2nd gear. If I had a better 60 foot, what do you think it would run? About what should my 60 ft be with the slicks? What RPM should I be shooting for? It's hard to say with me letting off because my MPH was low, but how far off am i from running what it should. MOST IMPORTANTLY I HAD FUN :lol: :lol: ADam

On a side note, a friend with an LS1 that normally runs 13.0X N/A and 11.7X on the Bottle, was running 13.8 n/a and 12.7x on the bottle. That shows how bad the track was.

·
Registered
535 Posts
For all that you have you did respectable. Some on here rip some good 60 times but mine are like yours, around 2.2. As for second gear launches becareful, lost a clutch that way. What was your launch RPM? Mine is around 2k, have to use a low one cause there is no traction. IF you can get your 60's down to 1.6 then you will be doing good.

Put some 3:73's or 4:10's in that puppy if you really want to bring them down.

Overall, I think it is a good run for the conditions you were under.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks for the compliments. I was speaking of it holding 2nd gear on the shift, not launch. I am still confused of how I lite up ET drags at 45+ mph. Weird. I'll practice launches, and hopefully times will fall. I'll have a true MPH next week. ADam

·
Registered
348 Posts
7:30 to 11:55? Damn that's hardcore. Now that you've got your first run under your belt, you can go back and practice! Good luck.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Did you do a burnout to heat up the tires? I'm surprised you spun the tires, the track and/or your slicks must have been ice cold. I've found my best results launching at about 5500...with a 125 shot:D

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
CobraGreen,
Don't worry about it. Firebird sucked Friday night. And the humidity was insane for here.
The track was damp, that's why all the faster slick cars loaded up. Dangerous.
I launched as low as 4000 on "very well heated" MT ET Streets at 9.75psi and spun all thru first for lousy 1.81x 60' times. Mine were turning over on the 1-2 shift, but not spinning. Usually I can launch at 5800-6000 with 10.25psi and 'scratch and go'.
I quit running at 9:30, just before that 496 cu. in. Dodge Colt went on it's head.
Also, the left lane was reading wrong/low by 3mph... again!
Our cars do not like humidity, the starting line was not there, the track was damp, and the timing equipment in the left lane was off.

This weekend comming the track will be well prep'd, as the NHRA boys are playing here... it'll be 25 bux to test and tune, you can be sure that the track will be prep'd, but who knows about timing equipment (that's been funky for over 4 months now!!!), or the priority test and tune cars will recieve with the big boys here.
I'll be going to Speedworld, where the starting line is always good, and the timing equipment works.

Glad you had fun, despite my Firebird slams, lots of guys from the club show'd up, and yep, we had fun too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts