Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been low 12s for the last 2 years. The best was 12.17 (had a couple of them). I was running MT 26x10 stiffwalls on 8” wheels. I put on Hoosier 26x8.5 and the very first pass was 11.99.
To be fair it was Saturday morning and the air was around 500’.
It has more left in it. I put on some good Double adjustable rear shocks and will be st test and tune this Saturday.
Here is the combo

89 LX hatch
Stock bottom end
3 bar GT40 unported with beehive springs
FTI cam
Cobra intake
70mm TB
75mm Pro-Flo bullet MAF
24lb injectors
1 5/8 Mac long tubes
2 1/2 h-pipe dynomax ultra
Flo with tailpipes
4.30 gears
10 spline T5
Strange 10 way single adjustable (all 4)
UPR adjustable rear uppers
JM weightjacker lower

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
congrats man those are awesome numbers for those heads

·
Registered
213 Posts
way to go! what settings do you have your strange 10 ways front and rear out of curiosity? What rear tires?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On that pass the fronts were on 3 from loose and the rear on 7 from loose. Hoosier 26x8.5 C11

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cool, what rear springs you running?

·
Registered
213 Posts
gotcha! I'm running stuck 1.5 coil cut

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
what rpm are you launching at?
shifting at?
and going through the traps?

add yourself to the fastest stock shotblock list

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice work!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh man, that has got to be a good feeling! Very nice accomplishment with that set of parts, well done bud!

I am also chasing an 11 sec timeslip with my 3500lb race weight pig. I therefore have a few more aftermarket parts in my build, but I'm hoping to get there with my stock shortblock. Going to go with 4.30 gears like you to give me the best odds.

What rpm were you shifting at and crossing the traps at the end? My combo is designed to be able to handle a little bit of RPM (like 7000) but I'm not sure the T5 is going to like it. lol, so I'm curious to see how you got this done.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Congrats!

Its always a good feeling cracking a new best.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! On that run I launched a 5k, first shift light on @ 5450. The other 2 @ 5600. Going through around 6250
I need to spend more time experimenting with shift RPM. Tomorrow I am going to test launch RPMs

·
Registered
1989 GT
888 Posts
Congrats! I have yet to get my 60 ft down best is 1.8. I’m still using stock springs my only suspension upgrade is rear lower control arms and ET streets.

I’m consistently Low 12s as well can’t wait to see 11s

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 26x8.5 Hoosier. I have been 5.33 in the 1/8 at over 133 mph on that tire with a 1.29 60' @ 3,200 lbs. I bet some of your ET improvement was going to the narrower (lighter) tire.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing wrong with the 26x8.5 Hoosier. I have been 5.33 in the 1/8 at over 133 mph on that tire with a 1.29 60' @ 3,200 lbs. I bet some of your ET improvement was going to the narrower (lighter) tire.
I agree. The Hoosiers are 6lbs less per tire and less contact to the ground.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats! I have yet to get my 60 ft down best is 1.8. I’m still using stock springs my only suspension upgrade is rear lower control arms and ET streets.

I’m consistently Low 12s as well can’t wait to see 11s
Keep at the 60’. There is a lot of ET there. Im sure I still have more to gain there.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with the stock springs.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Keep at the 60’. There is a lot of ET there. Im sure I still have more to gain there.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with the stock springs.
Your exactly right about the 60ft....that's where the whole run starts. I'm pretty sure you have the gear and power to cut low 1.50's. A little weight loss would help tremendous though. Congrats, your riding for unported 40 heads. Btw....Is your cobra intake ported?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Another question? Are you chip turned or just timing and fuel? If timing and fuel,what are your settings? I got a 00 explorer engine that was gave to me so I'm really thinking of going your route in my 86 coupe. I'm 2950lbs with me but I'm 235 so I need to loose a few pounds myself...lol. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts