Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying everything to get this bucking & jerking to stop on my car in 3rd & 4th gear while decelerating. I rotated the MAF, and didn't work. I checked that the IAT was facing the right direction still not fixed. I made the wiring harness longer because I thought that it had tension on it causing a bad reading, still not fixed. So I started thinking when did this problem start. It started when I installed my blower, and I changed from a big K&N filter to a small one. With the big filter I used my screen and had no problems, so I installed the screen in my current setup and now it rides like a stock stang again. I'm so happy!!!!!!!

96GT
00 Engine/Trans
NOVI 1000, AFM PP, ASP 3.25 pulley, 42lb injectors, 87mm Pro-M, MAC 70mm TB, 255 lph Walbro pump, Aeromotive FPR, FMS Shorties, MAC Prochamber H-pipe, TFX Pacesetter CB, Mils, Taylor Battery Relocation Kit, Dyno Tune and Autologic Chip from HP, and more..,

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Great! But can you elaborate a little? Are you using the smaller filter now? And what screen are you talking about?

I'm getting some bucking/jerking during part throttle acceleration -it starts right around 3000rpms and above (doesn't happen @ WOT). Did you see this too, or was it only under deceleration?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the stock MAF screen that came on the car. It's just a screen that goes right before the MAF, I used that screen with my 87mm Pro-M with small K&N Filter and it worked. I only experience bucking during deceleration, never when I'm on the gas. I'd say still try it because that it sound MAF related. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
delow said:
I'm talking about the stock MAF screen that came on the car. It's just a screen that goes right before the MAF, I used that screen with my 87mm Pro-M with small K&N Filter and it worked. I only experience bucking during deceleration, never when I'm on the gas. I'd say still try it because that it sound MAF related. Hope this helps.
OK. Yeah, I tried that already -helped a little. A bigger (Mondo) bypass valve helped a little more. And finally a blow thru mass air meter helped even more. But its still not 100% gone -seems to be more prevalent in cold air. Definitely induction related.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check your IAT to make sure it was facing the direction of air flow?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
delow said:
Did you check your IAT to make sure it was facing the direction of air flow?
Hmm thats a new one. I'm not even sure where it is one my set-up. I'll check it out, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts