Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there is something wrong with my car....I dynoed low with my LT's and such and now the same with my blower. My friend has a 00GT and the Exact same setup except he had stock headers on and a Thorttle Body. He made 366RWHP.

Well, I went to a dyno and finally got my dyno and Air Fuel.

Best Run was 353.6RWHP/350.9 The best tq of the day was 354.8.

A/F was 12:1 all the way across. The driveability and A/F is perfect I am just a tad dissapointed with my numbers. Without the blower I made 240RWHP. My numbers have been low each time it has been dynoed....can't figure out why. (dyno sheet will be posted by a friend on my local board shorty)

Anyway, the numbers had me feeling a bit down so my bud and I hoped in my car and headed out for home.

As I merged on the highway I saw a yellow vette fly by.....of course I went after it and hunted down the C5 I was ready to destroy.

As I pulled up next to it I noticed it was not a C5 but a Z06...my attitude changed instantly.

We were in 4th gear at like 4000RPM and we punched it (he went first by a tiny bit). he started to pull away after a few seconds but not by much.

We went again. 4th Gear 4000RPM - we looked at each other and just punched it and the same time. I was dead even with him for a second or two and then he started to slowly pull away (once again not by much). We slowed down and I gave him a thumbs up, which he also gave me with a shocked look on his face.

This race made my day. It definatly took my mind off the low numbers I recieved. If anyone does not believe me, please ask my friend. He was sitting right beside me.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Your numbers are fine. Cars with the exact same mod will never make exactly the same power.

Many other factors like tuning are a big difference as well. For example don't think 12:0:1 on one dyno is the same as another. Do your cars use the exact same timing curves? No two cars have the exact same timing requirements.

But then again his stuff could blow up before yours! :)

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts