Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got everything wired for my battery relocation, followed Buffhomers diagram exactly. My question is about the alternator charge wire. I have the stock alt. and there are two plugs on it: One on the top that has a red/green, and two faded yellow/white wires running out of it. There is also one on the side that has two black/orange wires and another wire that was white I believe. My question is which wires do I cut to splice with my alt. wire going to my switch? The only reason I havent cut the black/ orange wires yet is that the wires on the top plug are very faded and I need assurance before I do anything. So, are the wires I want to cut the black/orange wires coming out of the plug that faces the passenger side fender? If anyone has a pic that would be great..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
c4mustang92 said:
So, are the wires I want to cut the black/orange wires coming out of the plug that faces the passenger side fender? If anyone has a pic that would be great..
Yep, splice the 2 black/orange wires into some 4 gauge running back to the hot side of the switch.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I needed, Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.