Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pro's and cons of each. This is what a guy here on the Corral wrote to me, but he is also trying to sell me the Fiberglass...so.....
Who out there knows about this stuff?

---------------------------
The fiberglass is comprised of 7 layers of hand laid fiberglass. It's high quality and very durable. There are a lot of junky fiberglass parts, but the guys we deal with make them right.
Also it's weights a hell of a lot less than Urethane.
Thanks.
-----------------------------

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
fiberglass is ok for hoods but if your looking to buy a bumper skin or skirts Urethane is what you want. urethane has more give to it and is not as brittle as fiberglass. take it from a guy who had the fiberglass SVO side exhaust skirts on his lowered car and saw the undersides develop huge cracks just from driving every day and road debris that is kicked up. they both prep for paint easily so there is no advantage there. the Urethane pieces I have seen seem to have a better fit and require less finish work to mount. I would be willing to bet there isn't much weight difference either. you would notice that more with Carbon Fiber versus Fiberglass especially with something like a hood.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have xenon urethane ground effects. They really come in handy when i have to put it on a lift. I'm not worried about then cracking at all. I know they will bend with ease. I would definately suggest them.
Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts