Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen 4 camaros sitting at an FHP station, anyone know which motor they are using?

·
Registered
188 Posts
FHP

my brother in law is a police officer and he hear that it is the same as the Z-28 but a hotter tune in the computer. I can think of one way to find out, Iam just not going to do it. haha

·
Registered
335 Posts
LS1 brother!! are you talking about the blue ones? I talked to one at a light on nw87th, he said he is the envy of the squad

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have some pics of the ones that the station by Intl Mall took delivery of. Email me if you want them and I'll forward them back to you since I can't seem to get them to post here.

[email protected]

Jesse

·
Registered
453 Posts
FHP took in an order of 200 camaros. They run the LS1 motors, and I believe have a optional oil cooler. I also heard that some are auto's and others 6-spd. They do have lights on them, a new strobe bar in fact that are very, very bright.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FHP Camaros

There are 200 being phased into service. Each is equipped with an all-aluminum LS1/4 speed auto.
Every Trooper who gets one has to spend a week in training in the panhandle, where one was clocked at 155+ on the track.
All are marked units with a low profile Whelen lightbar.
There's only a couple in each Troop right now, as the laptops, radar,etc all have to be installed.
Very tough to outrun!
If you want to see photos, please check out my site.
--Mike
www.sspmustang.org

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I doubt the "hotter tune" in the computer, though.

This seems like a carryover of the myth that the Special Service Mustangs had a different computer, a chip, etc...

Mike?? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anything that would void the warranty, such as a computer upgrade, would be a no-no. Technically, you're not supposed to add _anything_, even non-mechanical stuff like strobes, but some guys do it anyway.
Besides, these cars really don't need 'em!
--Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts