Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The web site says there is some type of a muscle car show/race this Saturday so I figured it would be a good chance to get out there since it seems like they only do motorcycles or import shows on weekends anymore. So I called them up and a lady answered so I asked what they were doing Saturday. She just says "Nothing." And before I could finish telling her what the web site said she says "We cancelled that." So I asked what they were doing Sunday. "Nothing. We're closed this weekend." So what kinda crap is that?? :mad: How do they expect to make any money if they are never open anymore? They rarely even do regular bracket racing on Saturdays anymore. Anybody know what's going on w/ this place? Are they gonna just shut it down since they bought Piedmont or what? :curses:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Long story short - there is no money in bracket racing - Kevin has wanted to do away with bracket racing for quite some time (I overheard this). The money and crowds come with heads up racing. He would rather do test and tunes than bracket racing just for the payout situation. As far as being closed on the weekend of the 4th that is just plain retarted - you should have seen the crowd that was there last year - of course it was a pro-mod race, and I didn't see it but they tried to call me into work. In the end I don't think they will shut it down, but they will run it more like Fayettville's track. - B.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Could have something to do with the fact that they are partners in Piedmont Dragstrip now and Piedmont has that big fourth of July "PowerJam" event happening.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Coy's probably right - conflict of interest

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought this needed bumped back to the top so everyone could see the title. I called Thursday and they said they'd be TnTing on Saturday 12-5. So I rode all the way down there and that #$%@&*^ WOMAN said they weren't gonna do anything. Said some stupid crap about the tree, and the possible rain, plus there might not be many people. What a joke. I'd like to find out the real truth about why they're going all to he!!. Seems like some poor, poor management to me. I need to find a new place to race...

·
Banned
816 Posts
sorry to hear, I was up there on a Thurs awhile back and there was only like 30 cars there:confused:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't sweat it man - we will soon be going to Rockingham for the Saturday night digs. - B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts