Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
the marks coincide with the spokes. Its something coming off the spokes.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any more updates?
That certainly looked dangerous and you should tell the membership here how it turned out.
Sorry about that, I detailed the car again on Tuesday and after using my designated tire cleaner and tire brush, it was all gone.

seems to only appear like that when it rains and water slings on them at high speeds. It’s very strange… Ive never seen this before.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sorry about that, I detailed the car again on Tuesday and after using my designated tire cleaner and tire brush, it was all gone.

seems to only appear like that when it rains and water slings on them at high speeds. It’s very strange… Ive never seen this before.
It might be residue from the wheel cleaner you use.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It might be residue from the wheel cleaner you use.
Like maybe the cleaner is eating away at the finish and it slings when it rains? I guess it was stupid to think its a tire issue HAHA I just have a hard time trusting Falken tires. I’ll try a different cleaner this time around and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you use a tire shine? It can be that as well or just plain old road grime slung off the wheels.
If I do it’s Chemical Guys VRP, which is a very good poduct and didnt do that when I had the stock wheel/tire setup on.
But this time around I ditched the tire shine to see if that makes any difference. I think It’ll at least be less noticable.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Any more updates?
That certainly looked dangerous and you should tell the membership here how it turned out.
Looked dangerous? I'm struggling to understand what you thought you were seeing in those pics that was dangerous.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts