Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, yesterday at the track my buddies 1,100 mile 100% stock, including paper filter, 2001 Cobra vert ran a 13.64 with the traction control on:eek: Talk about a ringer as it was this guys first time ever to race at the track! Imagine a more experienced driver w/o tc may have gotten under 13.5. My brothers 2001 Cobra coupe with a K&N and Steeda shifter only ran 13.76 and his car is probably 200+ lighter. What are some of you 2001 Cobra vert owners running and what do you think of these times? I was pretty much amazed! Later Ron

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DU302, I believe that the mph was 102.xx on most of his runs and he may have had 103 on one. I will talk to him at work on Tuesday and find out.

Bob, I hear you and I always felt the same way. Other than a killer track and pretty good conditions my buddy didn't have much going for him as it was his first time at the track, a heavy vert with no weight removed, IRS, 1100 miles on the car, street tires, etc, etc. I guess he could have had beginers luck?

Later Ron

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Bob Cosby said:
No such thing as factory freaks. Good driver, good traction conditions, everthing come together, etc, etc.
Add to that beginners luck and you have what I experienced, 13.67 in a slightly mod'd '00 gt @ 97 mph.

I'll send the slips if you've got a scanner!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds good

Sounds good...and normal I'd say. I own a 98 Cobra Coupe(bought new) and my first time ever to the track ran 4 back to back 13.68's @101 + change. Car was also bone stock; filter, tires, spare, wipers, and about 3/4 tank of gas. I wanted the car to run as it did "driving around". With about 2000 miles if I recall correctly. Like said above, good driving with good conditions, it can all come together.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
primetime said:
Guys, yesterday at the track my buddies 1,100 mile 100% stock, including paper filter, 2001 Cobra vert ran a 13.64 with the traction control on:eek: Talk about a ringer as it was this guys first time ever to race at the track! Imagine a more experienced driver w/o tc may have gotten under 13.5. My brothers 2001 Cobra coupe with a K&N and Steeda shifter only ran 13.76 and his car is probably 200+ lighter. What are some of you 2001 Cobra vert owners running and what do you think of these times? I was pretty much amazed! Later Ron
That time is about in line with what the '01 Cobra is capable of. I've seen several 'verts run ~ 13.2 -13.3 on a good day, bone-stock...
That's still damn fast though, any way you slice it!!!
;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
i did this at bristol, belive it or not, if any of you have ben there you know how bristol sucks , its in a valley No air at all
i think if i was at some where like E town i could have eaquiled what even smith did with the 01 [email protected] and yes when i traded the 01 i was on my third transmission!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey Angus,

Are these verts running 13.2/13.3 up in KC ?? Is the track any good as far as traction goes up there or have you run your cobra there yet? I sure would like to find a track that I could get a sub 2.1 60ft at. What mph and 60fts did these "stock" verts run?

It amazes me how some guys on here run these great times with low mph, they must be getting some good traction. Hell, my car ran almost 109 mph on DR's and still only ran low 13s. I need to move to a better track.
:mad:

Jason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.