Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of all of the factory brackets that I can look at? I cant figure out where all these brackets go back???:barf: I have a/c, p/s, alt, wp, crank. everything but emissions pump garbage. My main problem is the a/c and p/s side. I cant figure out what bolts go where??? Probably because my little brother put them in his motorcycle or something.... Any help would be great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, that is a good start, I need one kinda looking down right at the brackets if you have one, this will help too, thanks.

Ok, 1 thing I really need to know is about the bolt hole in the a/c bracket... Does the bolt head come through for something else to hook onto? (just below your a/c clutch, and to the left a little). Or can I simply use a short bolt into the water pump?

·
15,477 Posts
Dunno what this'll do for you, but here goes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your help, Ill post a pic of what I got brewing in a few, batteries are dead in the camera!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I just finished putting mine back together, and I will try and describe how it goes together.

On the A/C P/S side there are three brackets. The stamped steel, the large aluminum (P/S pump) and a small aluminum.

The small aluminum one goes on first. It uses a long stud through the lower hole in the DS head that it slides on, then it bolts to the head to the hole in the upper right of the front of the DS head.

The A/C compressor has two bolts that mount on the small bracket, and then the three through the stamped bracket.

They the PS bracket slides over the stud, and the stamped bracket goes on top of that.

The Alternator/smog bracket bolts on the left side, it pretty much only fits one way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts