Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, does the f303 cam work with 1.7 roller rockers? Or does it have to work just with 1.6's.

This is on a stock explorer motor with GT40p heads.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
.... or E, or B, or X, or Stg 1, or any other OTS cam, or custom cam. IOW...... that valve train needs to be upgraded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that the springs and valve train need to be upgraded.

I just wanted to know if I can stick with the 1.7 roller rockers that are on the car now? Is the Piston to valve clearance okay with the f cam???

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You need to check for PtV...... if it clears with 1.6 rockers, why wouldn't it clear with 1.7 rockers?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know! That's why I'm asking on here! I'm hoping someone has had experience with the cam and 1.7's.....

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
trick flow makes a nice spring kit for about 130 thats what i running in my E7"S with a F-303. I hear alot of people dont have any problems with stock style eyebrowed pistons. But of course with those type you should still check.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
to answer the question, yes itll clear with stock gt40p valves, 1.94s u need to check 4 sure, stock valves will clear.

oops edit!!!!! explorer motor, im not sure, pistons are diffrent. sorry bout that. i need to read better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same. I have adjustable rockers on aluminum Pro Comp heads, 64cc w/210 runners. Going f303 and 1.7 rockers. We will see if it works!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I don't know! That's why I'm asking on here! I'm hoping someone has had experience with the cam and 1.7's.....
Someone else's experience has nothing to do with you, unless they have the same combination, with exactly the same piston, witth exactly the same heads (for free drop), with exactly the same head gaskets, with exactly the same valves, with the piston at exactly the same deck. Et cetera.

.010 here, .010 there...pretty soon you're at .100

·
Registered
665 Posts
Someone else's experience has nothing to do with you, unless they have the same combination, with exactly the same piston, witth exactly the same heads (for free drop), with exactly the same head gaskets, with exactly the same valves, with the piston at exactly the same deck. Et cetera.

.010 here, .010 there...pretty soon you're at .100
This is exactly correct. We aren't building furniture here, you have to do things right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts