Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a friend put a motor together and we where wondering how the f cam would work with a cobra intake. The motor is a stock 302 with stock heads with crane valve springs. Would the f cam do alright with the cobra intake? The stock heads will only be used for 3 months then we're going to put some AFR's on it. We have the following parts also going on the car, 3.73's, 65mm T/B, 73mm MAF, 24lbs injectors, 1 5/8 longtubes, off road h pipe, flowmasters, and drag suspinsion with E.T streets. The reason we where thinking of using the f cam is that we got it for free.

·
Registered
505 Posts
the f cam will want to rev, and the cobra intake it not the greatest for that from 5000 up. im not sure about an f cam with afr heads, id contact some cam guys and ask them what they recommend. i have no experience with stock heads and the f cam, but i imagine a lot of low end power will be gone with that cam...

·
Registered
673 Posts
My friend had pretty much the same setup on his '92 except his heads were some worked over DOOE heads from an old 351W. His ran pretty good but I don't have any numbers for you, but that car ran like hell with that combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts