Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
These are an odd pair of cams to narrow down to...
The F is a 226/226 on a 114 (I think), and the TFS-1 is a ... 222/226 on a 112. Why these two cams? One is a split duration, the other isn't, and they are trying to do different things. If it is cost, the $100 or $200 won't mean much down the road. Most people on this board would sell their soul for an extra 10 rwhp :)

What is your application and how "streetable" do you want it?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
TFS. i have it a like it a lot!

take care,
adam

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have the F cam and it works great but I don't think its a good all around cam for someone that just drives on the street. It has a rather nasty idle for such a small cam and it doesn't make the torque down low like a smaller cam would. But it is a great piece even though it's old it works like a charm!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
F cam with 1.7 rockers i like mine all the way around, has all the low end i need and its going to have more once i get the motor back a few more cubes and alot more compression= fun fun fun

·
Registered
193 Posts
jebmust87

did u have to have a chip burned to run that cam or anything special. i really like that cam and that is the one i am going to choose but would like to keep sd for now unless i run into problems.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am selling a slightly used F cam. I bought it because I REALLY liked its nasty idle. However, my motor is naturally aspirated with fairly low compression and everyone including 2 different people Ford Motorsports (and hopefully they should know) said it isn't the best cam for my combination. Everyone said it is best on a blown low compression motor or a high compression N/A motor. I had the TFS Stage 1 cam on 2 other cars I had and liked the cam on both. The idle is still nice and lumpy and both cars were daily driven. I had the Stage 1 cam in one car that was N/A and one that was blown by an S trim. My latest project is going to stay N/A and is going to stay low compression... so the Stage 1 is the cam I am going to put in.

If you are interested in the F cam I have it is in PERFECT shape and I am selling it for $120.00 including shipping which saves you $80 versus paying $189.95 plus shipping... let me know!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I love my TFS stage 1 also. Great street/strip N/A-blower cam also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts