Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is for a freind but the car is supercharged heads intake etc. with a c4, anyway the problem is u can drive the car normal and floor it and at about 48-5 grand it just cuts out, while it is still floored it actts like u let off of it, and it drops to about 1800 and then u can driv it normal but if u punch it it will still do the same thing.
We replaced fuel pump all filters tried a diffrent computer almost everything what would this be.
also when it hapens fuel pressure will drop from say 60 at full throttle to like 38
also it doesnt surge or bounce like it would on a revlimiter it just drops rpm sudden from 4800 - 1800 within like 2 secs
if anyone has any helpfull sugestion or needs to know more detail i can try to explain better email me [email protected]
i am usualy good with this fuel injecetion but im stumped:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
is the mass air meter output voltage exceding the 5 volt max. if that happens the computer will do exactly what your describing. put a volt meter on the signal wire out of the meter and see how high it gets.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we found the problem thanks for the help thou nosjunkie it was the inlet tube it was getting hot and calapsing easyfix but what a pain to find thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts