Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you choose to do with the vent, be sure to check the existing vent you have now. My vent hose recently had a mud wasp nest in the end of it that went several inches down the hose, and once I cleaned that out, I tried poking a wire through the factory hose barb that's screwed in the axle. It was completely clogged/rusted shut as well. I had to drill through it to get it open. So, that explains why my pinion seal was leaking...
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i remember hearing people doing this. its defiantly a cheap junkyard option. but seems like a pain to pull one of those and then having to cut it. id think id jsut stick with a stamped replacement

i thought they made a cheaper china copy of the finned covers for the 8.8" but i guess they still cost like $100. i know they make them for the 10.25" axles for like $50 that clone the what some of the Superduty trucks came with
I needed a cover that had a Dr. fill hole because the plug in the axle was “whallered out.” Not the threads, but where you put the socket. I browsed the China covers, they all had so so reviews (even were painted on the inside,) so I opted for an oem quality piece for a little less. Got ‘er on, it’s kinda a tight squeeze. The nipple is capped.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Hood

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that junkyard dog guy.
That looks like a lot of work to cut that expy cover down. And it doesn't have the bolts that support the carrier caps. I don't think it would fit my fox body but it's kinda cool looking
Why wouldn’t it fit the Fox? I think the bolts that support the caps (“girdles,”) are kind of a gimmick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts