Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes,
Where should I place the ACT sensor in the Explorer intake? Also there is one sensor port on the driver's side of the engine harness, under the upper plenum, and one on the passenger side, looking exactly like each other. The ACT port, and a coolant temp sensor, I believe... Which is which, and where should I place them? I hastily slapped the Explorer intake set-up on, without giving any thought into what the computer thinks... And now I am trying to tie up some loose ends. Also, along those lines, I deleted the EGR physically speaking, and need to know how to fool the EEC into believing that it is still there... The check-engine light is lit, and has got to go! Any pointers on this configuration solution?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Explorer lower intake has the spot for the ACT, however it is not drilled and tapped. You can do it yourself but wouldnt do it after being already installed.

Theres lots of info around corral regarding mounting the ACT sensor elsewhere in the intake tube or air box.

Your driver side front corner should have your coolant temp sender for your gauge. I think the rear of the intake is missing a hole for an extra sensor where the stock HO intake has a plug that can be removed.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
Not all Explorer lowers have the boss for the ACT in the #5 runner -- the early models do; later models don't. You should drill/tap the #5 runner for the ACT --- it will look like this when you're done -

The temperature gauge sensor goes in the coolant port on the driver's side FRONT of the lower intake; the hard line to the heater core goes in the coolant port on the passenger's side FRONT of the intake. The ECT sensor (for the computer) screws into a threaded hole that's on one of the hard lines.

The proper way to delete EGR is to use a chip to turn off that function in the ECU.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I am going to guess it goes to an aftermarket gage. I know he uses a DCC control unit for his electric fans and that doesn't not look like the sensor it uses.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
heres how to get rid of the check engine light after removing the egr

i have my ACT sensor a few inches in front of the TB in the intake tube

the ECT (coolant sensor) normally screws into the hard black heater tubes

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Now if we had one of those for the Tab/Tad solenoids.

·
Registered
535 Posts
heres how to get rid of the check engine light after removing the egr

i have my ACT sensor a few inches in front of the TB in the intake tube

the ECT (coolant sensor) normally screws into the hard black heater tubes
Funny, I just posted that same diagram in the gt 40 thread !:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
good stuff haha

my light stayed on for the EGR removal..IIRC,it threw the codes for the other stuff,but the light was only on for the actual EGR

·
Registered
535 Posts
good stuff haha

my light stayed on for the EGR removal..IIRC,it threw the codes for the other stuff,but the light was only on for the actual EGR
Trick flow intake no egr on my coupe when I bought it back in 07. Looked around alittle found that deal on FFI. I did it and no more light. I am fixxen to do it again on my new intake setup.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
The other sender on mine is for an aftermarket gauge I have mounted under the hood; factory gauge uses the stock gauge sender location.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can anyone tell me then, what the port leading off of the ECT branch of the harness is supposed to lead to. It looks just like the ACT port, however it's directly across, on the passenger side of the intake. Again, the ECT port is on that same branch, or lead... all the way up by thethermostat housing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
just a suggestion. runner # 5 flows low/bad stock as it is. i wouldnt drill and tap it to stick something else in the runner to slow down more air. just find somewhere out of the way to place it and call it a day.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
Just another suggestion - have tmoss port the lower for you. That will take care of the #1/5 flow distribution, improve overall flow potential of the intake by 20% or so, and he can drill/tap #5 for you while he's doing it. ;)

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Can anyone tell me then, what the port leading off of the ECT branch of the harness is supposed to lead to. It looks just like the ACT port, however it's directly across, on the passenger side of the intake. Again, the ECT port is on that same branch, or lead... all the way up by thethermostat housing.
ECT plug(#18) is on the passenger side of the injector harness..ACT(#17) plug is on the drivers side...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts