Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, I want side exhaust. Im going to get the abcexclusive side pipe rocker panels for 200 and install a nice stainless tip on each side. Also im looking to cut the tail pipes off right after the flowmasters, i dunno what u call that,and weld on turndowns. My question is will that hurt performance any, i cant afford to loose any more buttom end, as it bogs already down low. And about how loud will this make the car? I have an o/f x pipe and 40 flowmasters, stock headers. thanks in advance.....Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey, I've got 2 chamber flows and turndowns on now, and it sounds SwEeT! Real good rumble, and I haven't seen any loss in power. You should be fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have 2 chambers w/turndowns as well with the stock exhaust. I love the drone. I haven't notice any loss is back pressure, though I am thinking about getting an O/R pipe just so it can sound louder, but then I will be dealing with the Check Engine light from teh O2 sensors and Im not sure if I will get pulled over because of too much noise. Last thing I want is for the cops to check under the car.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea , i think il go with the turdown dumps. And Musti81 - your check engine light will come on by installing an offroad x or h pipe, unless ur car is a 96or newer. 94-95's dont have that problem. And yea ide imgine its going to get loud when i take the tail pipes off. oh well, those DAM LOUD as* Harleys come here each bike week, ther are Wayyy louder then any car could ive heard. THey dont get tickets. But thats FL, move somewher where they dont give a shi* about emmisions like FL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts