Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have BBK ong tubes (1 5/8"), an off road 2.5" H-pipe, and 2 1/4" flowpipes to 2 chamber flowmasters. then dumped.

i never had this problem with the 2 1/4" tails. now my exhaust "pops" when i let off the gas. is there a way to stop this. its anoying me...

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah, put the tails back on. :D

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, thanks. but i love the sound. i thought it was going to be a lot louder. i just want the popping to go away.

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is it like a back fire kind of popping? Mine does it a little but not too loud. But I love it when it does it.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just popping, i dont think its backfiring. i like it to. but if i can get rid of it i want to.

thanks,
adam

·
Registered
489 Posts
What is going to be the difference between the X and H pipe. I asked for an X pipe but the guy put on an H pipe this morning. It sounds kinda funny too. There is a gargle with acceleration instead of just that roar. But it kinda did it before. Could it be my magnaflows? I don't like the sound too much but I guess I can get used to it. Maybe it will go away. I don't know.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have heard there is quite a difference between the x and h's. but how much i dont know. im used to the gargling sounds my exhaust makes.

i do have to say that taking off those 2 1/4" tails and dumping the 2 chamber flowmasters honestly WOKE UP my car!!

it pulls a hell of a lot stronger now!! i love it, and its not even that much louder now.

take care,
adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts