Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make dumps for my 2 chamber flows. I'm thinking about cutting a hole on the muffler and welding the rounded ends of a 55 gallon drum in place of the hole. The theory being is that i can unscrew the cap and have the exhaust be louder, and then recap the hole when i don't desire the loud exhaust (when i'm with my wife). Does anyone see a problem with this or would this be a great idea instead of having a permanent set of dumps installed? Does anyone have pics of this? The whole point of all of this is to get my exhaust louder.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey, just rip off all the exhaust, run striaght pipes, yeeehaaa. J/K
did u get that 55 gallon drum cap idea from www.mustangworld.com, if not, they do have a good write up on it. I would think that would be thew best of both worlds, u can have the loudnes of dumps at ur convenience. Or just get long tube headers,and an x pipe, or H. that car should be loud with that set up for sure.

·
Registered
940 Posts
or you can get cutouts right after the mufflers, they're like 30 bucks from summit i think.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Actually my LT/off-road pipe combo is quieter than my shorties and off-road I had before, with the same Mac mufflers. I also installed dumps which could be why it's quieter (less drone).

I would just install some turndowns, you aren't going to want to crawl under the car all the time, especially when its wet or dirty outside...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts