Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Agreed.

Again, the PCV system LOOP is rather simple:

1) Vacuum side being a hose from the PCV valve to the vacuum source.
2) Inlet side being a hose from your valve cover fill tube to filtered air prior to the throttle valve(s), and in your case post MAF sensor.

Reactions: massacre

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I would separate the reassembly of the v-lines into two areas:
1. PCV lines ONLY. I would leave all the other lines disconnected but only route/attach the lines for the PCV system, then test it. Take pics of these lines, fresh air vent hole and the PCV valve used so we can verify that the routing and valve are correct. Test it to see how much vacuum is pulled like you just did.
If the above test passes then the PCV is good to go.

2. Reattach the rest of the v-lines.

I have no idea how the PCV lines are supposed to run on your car so I would find a pic somewhere and make sure I follow that diagram. It should be very simple and maybe someone on here can post a pic of the FACTORY routing on a factory motor for comparison.

ks
Ok awesome!! So i need to put a hole in the boot where the anderson pipe grabs the throttle body, put a barb in it and hook it to my oil fill neck. Then pcv valve hooked back up to upper intake?

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Here's a pic I found for the factory "fresh air" hose. As long as there is no "valve" in this line that meters fresh air then, yes, drilling a hole before the TB but after the air filter will be perfect like SLO 5-OH posted at Post #17.

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

ks

· Registered
4,715 Posts
For the actual PCV "valve" you need a factory valve b/c generally they meter the amount of air that can flow through them. If you have a valve it would probably work fine, just make sure it's not a barb fitting stuck in a grommet. The system needs an actual valve.

ks

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Here's a pic I found for the factory "fresh air" hose. As long as there is no "valve" in this line that meters fresh air then, yes, drilling a hole before the TB but after the air filter will be perfect like SLO 5-OH posted at Post #17.

View attachment 1092815

ks
Got it…going to work on doing that tomorrow and will post my results asap! Super stoked!!🤘🏼

· Registered
4,715 Posts
One way to try it is to remove the oil fill cap to let it breath good and see how it works.

Try and find out how large the stock one is and use something at least that size, larger is ok.

Also, make sure the PC valve is correct for your car.

ks

41 - 49 of 49 Posts