Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well, I wouldn't recommend doing things my way because my way tends to be the unlawful way, but I pay 28 bux a month for full coverage on my 4cyl lx. Hell, I figured what they don't know won't hurt them and if I wreck it, I'll just pick up another lx body for cheap like I did this one. I've been pulled over several times in the past 5years I've been doing this and no one has ever questioned it. Like I said this may or may not be legal but I don't give a crap anyways. Law don't go around here lawdog...Ike Clanton.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
leave it registered as a 4yl car & dont say anything at inspection time. make sure all the smog stuff is there so nothing is questionable & they may never even notice. my car is registered as a v8- the lady at the clerks office asked me if it was a 4 or an 8 the fist time i registered it & i said it was an 8- i had already done the conversion at that point so i didnt lie- i just didnt tell the whole story! insure it a a 4cyl & if it should get totled at any point find another car & toss everything into that. thats the risk we all run building up an x 4cyl car. see my sig. at bottom.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree register it as a 4cyl the $$$ saved on insurance can be better used somewhere else.I took my car thru state inspection in MD and the only thing they failed me for was yellowed and cloudy headlights,which I was going to replace anyway so I replaced them with the diamond clears and didn't have a problem the 2nd time around...A buddy of mine did the same thing and advised me it would be wise to take pics of any modifications so thats what I did..Not sure if insurance would give me it or not if the car were ever in an accident better to be safe...My 2cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts