Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’ve heard that the M/T ET Street SS and the “R” are a bitch to balance, and even if you get them dead on, they wobble a bit. True or false?

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
mine were so far out of balance it wasn't even funny. one needed something like 7.5 in weight.. Had the shop mgm work some serjous magic on them.

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
Took car to the dyno on the s/s. The session went to hell fast and I wasnt able to get a real pull in, however we did see some strange teeth marks on the graph and we believe the wobble on the tires are the culprit.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
352 Posts
Took car to the dyno on the s/s. The session went to hell fast and I wasnt able to get a real pull in, however we did see some strange teeth marks on the graph and we believe the wobble on the tires are the culprit.
Crazy!
ET streets or ET street R ?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Get your tires from a dealer, not just summit or jegs. Get a matched pair. Mine balanced in a breeze.
This exactly, I bought the M&Hs initially froms
jegs, tire place wouldnt even balance them because they were so far off, one needed 8.5oz. On it, yes over half a pound! The guy said "we wont balance tires that far off the furthest we will go is 4oz for safety reasons. I call Jegs and they say oh well, I can return them if I pay the shipping of almost $50 to ship them back. So I call M&H and they told me that had I bought them from them direct they would of replaced them no cost to me and the only thing they can think is theyve been sitting at the bottom of the stack for awhile which has altered them. He said to go out do a good burnout, drive on it for 20 miles or so no faster than 45mph, then take back to rebalance and it should be closer.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,401 Posts
FYI as i think they should post these tech-bulletins in better spots as no one sees them...

Mickey Thompson tires which have been subject to use on a Dyno must no longer be used for subsequent, normal service. Use of Mickey Thompson tires on a Dyno will invalidate the tire warranty.

At no time should the following Mickey Thompson tires be used on a Dyno:

• ET Drag
  • ET Motorcycle
  • Pro Drag Radials
  • Pro Bracket Radials
  • ET Street R (Bias and Radial)
  • ET Street S/S
  • Sportsmans Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts