Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some slicks for my 94GT which is lowered some. I now have 275x40x17 on a 17" x 9"wide rim on there now. What size rims and tires should I get what can I fit. Any difference between ET streets and ET drags as far as hookup goes? Do I need to screw my tires to the rim? should I get tubes for it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
You need tubes if you want to run a lower pressure in the tire.

I run the 28x10.5s on my '94 Cobra, but I'm geared a bit different and make a good amount of power.

Ian

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
If you don't plan on going faster than 11.50, then a 26x8.5/15 ET Drag will be plenty or a 26x10/15 ET Street will be fine....both are the same size. ET Streets are measured differently.

Troy

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Well FFW Street Warrior class runs 10.90s on a 26x8.5/15 ET Drag...so that says one thing about that tire. You want to run the smallest tire you can get away with since the smaller the lighter and less rolling resistance.

Troy

·
Registered
389 Posts
you need to figure out what MPH you are gonna be trapping and then get a tire with the right diameter so you can match your RPM's to the trap speed. With 3.73's a 26" tire might be a little short for your apllication and if you plan on going 10's or 9's in then future you are definately gonna need a tire taller than 26". If it was my car id go with a 28" X 10.5"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts