Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Equals make more hp, but tend to burn up spark plug wires, and you cann't do a tune up without removing the headers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the only real difference is that the equal length ones will produce better HP at higher RPM's. I got unequal for mine, I figure the extra 2 or 3 HP at 5000 RPM wasn't worth the extra $50. Plus its just to replace the stock ones until I get longtubes and an offroad X pipe.

·
15,477 Posts
I'd go with unequal. It's hard enough sticking an unequal in there, n/m an equal length. I don't even wanna THINK about longtubes right now. I dunno, but from what I've seen in tests and peoples experiences, the extra bit of hassle and money for equal isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
WhiteGT said:
Equals make more hp, but tend to burn up spark plug wires, and you cann't do a tune up without removing the headers.
:bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
ShadowStang50 said:
Get longtubes...
I had long tubes with an AOD. I got rid of them because they were a PITA. They were always in the way, and even more of a PITA to install. I went with BBK equal shorties and matching off-road H, and the car didn't slow down one bit (timeslip proven). It did sound a little meaner with the long tubes though. But, that's about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's not impossible to do a tuneup with the equal length headers, just takes a little time and patience.....they didn't burn my Taylor plug wires except for when the wire was sitting on the header.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts