Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Im thinking about it. Main thing Im thinking about is how many people will be there. I would hate to go there and only get 2 runs in.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont thikn it will bet that bad. Be there early, get some runs, leave early. Im sure the "trash" wont come till about 12.

·
Registered
233 Posts
im goin down, hopefully Etown will hook as good as atco did this past weekend.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The 28th is a Sat. I've got a bday party to go to. But weather permitting, I'll be there on Sun. Otherwise it'll be Island on the 14th (I beleive) for the Camaro vs Mustang race.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think I'll pass on E-town and stick with Atco for that week. Fun Ford in Orlando on the 6-7 of March.....don't want any ricers causing me to crash/break..............

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep...we'll be there for sure. We just finished my brother's car tonite. He has the same exact setup as mine.(see combo in my sig). Starts and runs well but definately need to get back on the dyno before we try to make a killer pass. Car is seriously detuned with seeing 14 lbs of boost with a total timing of 12 degrees and alot of fuel. But idles and runs like mad!!! We are hoping for mid 10's on the 275 drag radial setup on the car and should produce it. See you all there...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, the rice rolled in HEAVY

The track officials moved slower than a turtle

Ricers bouncing off rev-limiter in the lanes

Ricers speeding in the pits and acting all tuff in there "race" cars

I got 4 $hitty runs, managed to go 10.8 last run, put it on the trailer.

WE NEED TO HAVE AMERICAN NIGHT-AMERICAN CARS ONLY

·
Registered
233 Posts
yes it was packed only managed 11.6, 11.6, 11.7, 11.7, 11.9, best 60' was only 1.77. ricers were leaking under the tower waiting to go on the track, two ricers in front of me didn't have helmets on, and didnt know the needed helmets. SOOOO many people did not know how to stage. god damn that is so frustrating, especially after you do a nice burnout, tires are hot, ready to go at the tree, and the retart takes 5 mins to stage. i mean if you have never raced before, at least watch a race and figure out what to do first, it is not too complicated. then all the slow ass FWD 15+ second imports go through the water box with their street tires, do a huge burnout for no reason, and just drag all the water on the track. i even saw one of them just drive right through without burning out and going right to the line with nice wet tires. sorry just ranting, but god what morons.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"i even saw one of them just drive right through without burning out and going right to the line with nice wet tires. sorry just ranting, but god what morons."

if i was an official, they would be sent down the return road. How are these fukin retarts gonna learn? They cater to them soooo much it makes me and other hot-rodders sick. Something must be done. Have them race on the 1/8 mile track or something. I wanted to grab my breaker bar and beat this POS kid each time he "tested" his rev-limiter. Thank god i was in the slick lanes.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Fomoco347 said:
"i even saw one of them just drive right through without burning out and going right to the line with nice wet tires. sorry just ranting, but god what morons."

if i was an official, they would be sent down the return road. How are these fukin retarts gonna learn? They cater to them soooo much it makes me and other hot-rodders sick. Something must be done. Have them race on the 1/8 mile track or something. I wanted to grab my breaker bar and beat this POS kid each time he "tested" his rev-limiter. Thank god i was in the slick lanes.
:bs: what he said times three..........:evilgrin: 5.0roy

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh, you forgot to mention the lane jumpers & the "John Force burnouts" in the pits.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Glad I didn't make it. Sounds to me that Etown is only getting worse. I guess it'll be another year of Sun test and tunes at Island for me. With the occasional Ford or Corvette only event at Etown.

·
Registered
77 Posts
guys if you are looking for a muscle car only event check out

www.americanironshootout.com

No Imports. April 24th Cecil Co. Maryland it's gonna be a lot of fun. Car show, Dyno, Racing, everything and NO IMPORTS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep..I agree with all that has been said. i am glad we didnt take my brother;s car as planned, but did drive there to watch from 9-4. All I can say it what the hell!!!! How many times were they told 5MPH IN THE PITS!!!!!! And the "kiddies" with their burnouts in the lot and crap on the track...real mess. 80 percent of them were kids who were there to hang out. I dont mind them racing but at least get a clue and be "adult" by the situation. It is amazing though......when an import runs 14 sec. they all OOOOHH AND AWWWWWW... but when FOMOCO347 RUNS 10.80'S....THEY HAVE NMO IDEA HOW MUCH EFFORT AND MONEY GOES INTO THAT! By the way nice runs FOMOCO.........

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks..Charged

A funny story about that Saturday After my third run, some young kid comes up to me and says he just won $10 on my car. Well, apparently i was lined with Turbo Honda with slicks. My previous 2 runs where in the low 12 range due to my Digital 6 box kicking in the limiter at 5600. So, they saw my car against the Honda and figured i was running low 12s. They bet. I used the transbrake and the tires spun, but i still went a 11.1 to his 12.0. What a bunch of fools. At least i put $10 in a smart kids pocket$$ I didnt know anything was going on at the time.

·
Registered
872 Posts
is E Town gonna wake up?
They need to make a nite for muscle and another nite for rice each week.
I want to go T&T but I'm not sure now.
I hated it last year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cecil is about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour ride for me in North Jersey. depending on traffic and how fast you drive I guess. It's not a bad ride at all. I believe it's like the first or second exit into maryland as you are traveling south on 95 through Delaware.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts