Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a Hypertech chip and 180 degree powerstat. When I am driving my car around, even WOT at illegal speeds lol, the temperature always sits in the 180 degree range (just above the first dash on the gauge). However, if I am stopped the temperature rises to the 'M' or 'A' and hovers back and forth between them. Couple questions. First, about what temperature is this, like 210? Second, is this normal for this chip? I though the fan was supposed to turn on earlier. Is there a way to wire the dual speed fan to just kick in at full speed rather than 2 stage? Just looking to keep the car at normal driving temps even when stopped.

Lon

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Someone made a post a while ago that brokedown what the "NORMAL" each one of those letters wrote... might want to do a search.

I have an aftermarket temp gauge and the factory ones never were "NORMAL" to me.....

·
Registered
906 Posts
You are ok. By the way, ditch that gauge and get an Autometer. That stock gauge is the same crap they put in a taurus.

My gauge reads about 180-190 while driving. Lately it's been steady at 185. Sometimes, when stopped at a light, it sits at 200. And every once in awhile it sees 202 but never more. I use a 180 thermo too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts