Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought...anyone have any idea what ford might charge for one of those really nice 2003 Supercharged Cobra engines? :evil:

I'm thinking when it's rebuild time...I might like to swap one of those into my 97. I mean...hopefully this (factory supercharged engines) may help bring SHM and all the other "tuners" engine prices down a tad? I'm thinking if the price is around 7-10 grand it would be worth it for a long block...or is it just wishfull thinking?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, for comparison purposes, Kar Kraft sells Lightning motors, complete from supercharger to manifolds, for 5700 bucks. Granted, those are only two-valve motors, but it gives you an idea of what you might expect.

A lot of things can happen, though. The 4V S/C motors may be in much higher demand than lightning motors, which might drive prices way up for a couple of years. Or maybe Ford will make loads of 'em, and that'll drive the price down.

Either way, if it's in the 6 or 7 grand range it would be a good deal. I can't wait :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.