Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my engine in tonight thanks to a few fbody friends the come over and helped me. Also got the tranny in.

I tried putting the PI Stallion 3100 TC in and it just would not fit properly (bolt pattern is different) Errrrr!!!!! Anyway, looks like the bolts are soldered/welded on there :(

Anyone else ever have this issue? If so, what did you do to get around it or ?????

Also, what is the easiest/best way to get the TC bolted to the flexplate? It looks like a PITA and the only way to get them is to turn the crank and do one bolt at a time ----- sound right?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C'mon surely someone will know if the flexplate for a 99 auto is different then the 2000 other then it being 6 bolt vs 8 bolt....

Someone help me out here pleaaaaaaaaaaase!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Tim,

Very weird. My PI does not have bolts welded onto the TC. It has threaded holes and came with bolts that go through the flywheel into the TC. My Bolt patterns are fine, as well. Look at your flywheel carefully, is the bolt pattern too wide or too narrow? Also, your flywheel may have lots of little pilot holes drilled in it. If so, check to see if there is a combination of these pilot holes that matches up to the TC bolt pattern. If so, carefully drill them out to the proper size. If this doesn't work for you, give PI a call, they should be able to help you out.

Jim

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96GTCONV said:
Tim,

Very weird. My PI does not have bolts welded onto the TC. It has threaded holes and came with bolts that go through the flywheel into the TC. My Bolt patterns are fine, as well. Look at your flywheel carefully, is the bolt pattern too wide or too narrow? Also, your flywheel may have lots of little pilot holes drilled in it. If so, check to see if there is a combination of these pilot holes that matches up to the TC bolt pattern. If so, carefully drill them out to the proper size. If this doesn't work for you, give PI a call, they should be able to help you out.

Jim
Jim,
The studs that go from the TC to the flexplate holes do not line up. The TC came off 99 with 99 flexplate and I cannot imagine them being that much different. There are plenty of other holes on the TC that it appears the studs/bolts can go through to connect it up to the flexplate, however, ........ I'd need to get these studs off the thing first. ... you have to see this, it makes absolutely no sense.

Tim

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts