Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Numerous people have told you what to do next. Find the leak and report back or close this thread, it's worthless without some more leg work on your end.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Since there has been no response from Woody, I'm going out on a limb and say you bought this engine from FordStrokers. If so.....I need to go get my popcorn....lol.
I’m assuming woody is busy.

Also, I can tell you it’s not woody. You can do a little digging and find out who it is in about 5 mins.

·
Vendor
13,253 Posts
Let me preface this. I will NOT be pissing and moaning back and forth in this thread. Those days are long behind me. I agree with many points, I disagree with others.

I will not be taking shots, I wont be hurling any insults. I will be 100% positive and forthright. My 2022 resolution.

I never received 12 or 13k dollars. I did the shortblock, paul purchased the rest from Anderson ford.

Paul contacted me, it had a leak. I asked him to bring it to me as this is really best. My home base, all tools, machinery etc at my fingertips. He was unable due to a way to transport. He requested I fix it at his home. I traveled there on a saturday afternoon and pulled the pan, pulled the main cap. Put in a new seal, new pan gasket. Sent him a few pictures as he was occupied in his home for the duration I was there.

Fast forward a few months I believe. He emailed it was leaking again. Some back and forth here we are.

Paul emailed on 1/1/22 and we were on an extended getaway for the new year. We replied back on 1/4/22 and that was the last communication until this thread. There are no unanswered emails I am aware of.

I know hes upset, I know hes frustrated as am I. I have busted my dik in the last 17 years of retail to keep a reputation. Where I have an issue is the odds. 2 rear mains and 2 pan gaskets are not bad and I think it would be crazy to put a 3rd one in and expect something different. I literally cant do a single thing now that he is in florida with regards to definitively identifying the cause.

Paul, we have talked 2 dozen times minimum on the phone, you have been to my home atleast 4 or 5 times. Just call me. I have entered a no drama stage of life, thus I wont be communicating about this in this thread back and forth. It wont accomplish anything and is totally counterproductive to a resolution.

If you think it's still the rear main, or pan gasket, or oil pan etc... Just let me know and any parts you need will be on the ups truck headed south.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I do not want to be a dick to anyone here and play games by not saying who built it but like I said I do not want to be a dick to who built it because they did help me the first time and I do have that much little bit of respect left for them, I am just not like that.

Even though I am "making a federal case" and blah blah and I still stand by everything I said.

I will admit at the end of the day there are many more things, far worse that could have happened or be happening so taking the severity of the situation, which is low I just don't feel it right to say who it was. Just trying to stay neutral and get people to question things a little before they just fork out money and just make sure expectations are set. That is all, and I wanted to see what all of you would have done if you were me. I do not need help to find the leak and fix it, I can do that. I was more trying to get opinions and raise awareness so someone in the future can avoid this :)
I’m assuming woody is busy.

Also, I can tell you it’s not woody. You can do a little digging and find out who it is in about 5 mins.
can you tell us it isnt? Lol look at the post right after yours

·
Registered
623 Posts
Now ai know why he wouldnt say who it is, because he knew the second it was mentioned the real story would come out. I figured that would be the case with the communication aspect. Im not going to sit here going back and forth anymore, but one thing does bother me a little. I can appreciate you not wanting to sling his name through the mud, but on the previous page you said "Im going to call REAL engine builders". Thats where I have a problem, because you claimed the whole time you werent here to talk bad about the builder and just wanted answers but then slurred him saying hes not a real engine builder. I guess whatever, end of the day you have your answers above, now he will send you whatever parts you need. For reference of what I mean.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Communication Device Electronic device

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is exactly why I don’t own a shop. I have a question for the Op. if you assembled the engine and saved the $500, what would you do? If you replace the RMS and it still leaks what then?

·
USAF retired
9,754 Posts
i just put a little on the outside edge of the cap where it sits on the block. i feel its good good practice and doesn't hurt anything.

anything that's exposed to the rear of the block.
OK, tracking now, I read it as you pull the cap and put some under the cap and reassemble; I too put some across the parting lines.

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
USAF retired
9,754 Posts
Somewhere I read where thread sealant is not designed to work on "Rotating Masses"..... I also read ( probably on this site) that Ford motor racing recommended using Permatex on the flywheel bolts, not loctite...
Not all cranks have through holes on them, some are blind holes, so only loctite is needed.

Reactions: Bentley

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
can you tell us it isnt? Lol look at the post right after yours
Lol.....Since you were wrong, who did you think it was?
Lol, woody posted right after me, I didn’t feel like going back and editing my post. When op posted a few days ago, I did a little searching.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

So that’s who I figured put together the engine.

Reactions: venomv8

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,413 Posts
So that’s who I figured put together the engine.
I have a decent memory and remember a post where woody said something about getting the 408 stuff and assembling it within the past month or two. I'd search but I'm too lazy.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Holy ****, the engine builder I had told me to get bent after their lack of cleaning/assembling with my brand new short block caused a big chunk of metal to bound up in the oil pump almost destroying the engine. All I was hoping for was a short refund to cover oil pump, arp shaft, and gaskets. Here's Woody going over to the dude's house changing his rear main in the driveway... Wow.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I have a decent memory and remember a post where woody said something about getting the 408 stuff and assembling it within the past month or two. I'd search but I'm too lazy.
I have a not so decent memory, so I couldn’t tell you. I got curious and went through a few old posts and saw that, and thought that’s who put the block together. Of course, I was wrong…

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I have a not so decent memory, so I couldn’t tell you. I got curious and went through a few old posts and saw that, and thought that’s who put the block together. Of course, I was wrong…
I sentence you to 50 lashes and a good 'ol fashioned stoning!

• Haha
Reactions: Cougar5.O
101 - 120 of 236 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.