Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
First of all, SBF engines or any engines don't leak oil just because "they all leak oil", that is nonsense. If they are leaking, there is a reason. No doubt that once you introduce aftermarket parts, blocks, pans, the chance of things leaking goes up. I have a 408W that is 5 years old and you could not find a trace of oil on the outside of it. On the other hand I assembled a 383 SBC stroker and it drips oil out the front of the pan.

Your engine leaks. Your builder came over and attempted to repair it. That is more than most people would even offer. It still leaks and he said take it out and he would fix it again, he is still standing by it. It is not his fault you moved across the country or wherever you did. Take him the engine and he will do it again. It is that simple. Not much more he can do or you can expect out of him. Now the way I read it is he assembled the engine and you installed it? That is why he is telling you to take the engine out of the car. I would think if he assembled and installed the engine into the car then he would be willing to do the pulling and repair.

Unless you are going to pull the engine and take it to him, you are expecting too much. It is that simple.

Your idea of taking it to a shop and having him split the bill? I would probably forget that.

Communication is probably bad because he thinks you are annoying him about a drip of oil and hope you will just leave him alone.

· Registered
819 Posts
Like I said, drop 12k, get no reply to your emails and then let me know how you would feel. I have done a lot of business with many companies over the years and there are the ones that are your friends before you pay them and ehhhhh not so much after (whether or not things go bad) and then there are the ones that treat you well before during and after no matter what they make time.

Ask yourself this, if someone cannot tend to a "small" annoying issue like this, what would they do if there were something more serious going on with your engine??? Rod knock or small oil leak they should all be treated the same way.
You are too hung up on thinking you are owed so much because you spent 12k. This day and age 12k for a complete motor is not very much in the grand scheme.

He did tend to this small issue. He came over to YOUR house and repaired. Unfortunately for both of you the repair wasn't successful. But as a business, he probably isn't going to keep attempting repair. If he doesn't want to keep repairing, he probably isn't going to respond to your emails/calls either.

I'm not saying that you should be ignored, but this is the reality of the situation and world we live in.

Take the engine out and tell him you are bringing it to him. I'm sure he will respond then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.