Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Are you sure it’s not leaking from somewhere like a valve cover?

Did you use loctite when you put the flex plate or flywheel on?

Reactions: Bentley

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
10000% percent sure, I even had a local mechanic check that becuase that was my first concern. They checked and said no and then the first time I pulled the engine I personally confirmed that and since then the valve covers have not been touched or off.
I edited in a second question. Did you use loctite when you put the flex plate or flywheel on?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Well, great question! So, when it was leaking the first time engine builder pretty much blamed me and said it was BC I used loctite and not thread sealer. So I made sure to check this when I took the flywheel off. The bolts were bone dry! Only loctite in the threads. Now, to make sure this was not an issue I did as he said and when I cleaned and put back together I used thread sealer as he wanted me to. So unless this is leaking then I dunno.
So the first time you put the flywheel on there was no loctite on them? if not, they will surely seep oil

Loctite will seal threads just fine, especially if you use the gel or the stick so idk why he wouldn’t want you using that on flywheel bolts.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
oh nooo noo. The first time I put it togehter I used loctite and he said it was leaking there because I used loctite and not thread sealer. But with the loctite it was not leaking there. yea I agree with you. I have seen debates online whether to use loctite or thread sealer but in the end I have heard both work fine I just used thread sealer when I put it back together after he fixed it the first time so he could not use that against me again....
Ok, I was confused because I read that you used loctite, but then said the threads were bone dry, but I get what you meant now.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Like I said, drop 12k, get no reply to your emails and then let me know how you would feel. I have done a lot of business with many companies over the years and there are the ones that are your friends before you pay them and ehhhhh not so much after (whether or not things go bad) and then there are the ones that treat you well before during and after no matter what they make time.

Ask yourself this, if someone cannot tend to a "small" annoying issue like this, what would they do if there were something more serious going on with your engine??? Rod knock or small oil leak they should all be treated the same way.
From what you wrote, the second time you emailed him saying it leaked again he said “find the leak.” We’re there more emails after this? Because it kind of seems like he pretty much answered every question you asked him.

The guy charged you $500 to put together a whole engine using a mixture of parts you bought, and some he did. Seems like a decent deal, and at this point There’s literally nothing he can do to help you because of the distance.

Reactions: massacre

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ha yea that is some business model, do some work, it doesn't work out and then just wash my hands of the situation. When I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for not 1% less not 50% less, I want 100%.

I respect your opinion and discussion on this and I am not pissed off one way or the other but it is just differing of opinion. To me it is like you are saying you buy a new car and there is a scratch and the dealer shrugs his shoulders and says eh it would have happened at some point anyway....and then when you complain and make a stink they just shrug you off saying we have more important things to deal with, it is just a scratch...
Yeah, but technically in this scenario the scratch has happened after you brought the car home and ran it awhile lol.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Since there has been no response from Woody, I'm going out on a limb and say you bought this engine from FordStrokers. If so.....I need to go get my popcorn....lol.
I’m assuming woody is busy.

Also, I can tell you it’s not woody. You can do a little digging and find out who it is in about 5 mins.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
can you tell us it isnt? Lol look at the post right after yours
Lol.....Since you were wrong, who did you think it was?
Lol, woody posted right after me, I didn’t feel like going back and editing my post. When op posted a few days ago, I did a little searching.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

So that’s who I figured put together the engine.

Reactions: venomv8

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have a decent memory and remember a post where woody said something about getting the 408 stuff and assembling it within the past month or two. I'd search but I'm too lazy.
I have a not so decent memory, so I couldn’t tell you. I got curious and went through a few old posts and saw that, and thought that’s who put the block together. Of course, I was wrong…

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I am curious to see where the leak ends up being….

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
About the possible crack in oil pan comment; I actually had a small, small leak in one of the welds in my moroso 20511 pan from Jim. Obviously wasn’t his fault, but sometimes things like this just happen. Quick zap with a tig torch fixed that issue.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
How did you find the leak? Did it leak while sitting or only when running?
I want to say it was after I filled it with oil before I even ran it. Was in the front sump area. Was a very small hole.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.