Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
OP should fly engine builder to Florida, put him up in a resort hotel, and pay all his expenses until he finds and fixes the leak. Maybe a nice trip to Disneyland too.

This thread is tuly tragic. I have to deal with pet owners as the owner/operator of a boarding kennel. I really enjoy the canine customers, some of the human ones are very trying!

Jay

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've seen some pretty crazy oil leaks over the years. sometimes welds leak, sometimes one piece pans leak from where they have been formed, like in corners. I had a Ford A4 block that had a small occlusion (missing chunk) in the rear oil galley that leaked like a sieve! Had to pull the engine twice to find that one.

Jay

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Probably no one on this site offers more good, and free advice about SBF engines. Jim is one of the least offensive, non confrontational professionals that I personally have come across on this site. He has built two shortblocks for me, and the quality of the workmanship is beyond reproach. He has earned the respect of the membership on this site, so it is little wonder that this thread resembles a circus.

Nine pages in, it should have been obvious 7 or 8 pages ago that without doing the investigative work to locate this leak, the onus of the fallout is wholly in your court. That you would be calling out a builder for installing parts that he probably didn't even supply is ridiculous. You see things from the perspective that you've been victimized, that's not a fair assessment in my opinion. From the perspective of the builder, he has went above and beyond for the pittance he made installing parts you bought elsewhere. That is the perspective I would imagine most are responding from.

Jay

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The entire premise of this thread, I think, highlights what has happened (and not in a good way) to our "social media" centered society. OP wanted to paint a certain picture to the Coral community, hoping to get support to his perception of an unsatisfactory fulfillment of contract with an engine builder. The whole thing about even caring about what a bunch of total strangers thinks about your personal business is ludicrous IMHO. I give a flying crap about what a bunch of total strangers thinks about my situation? WHY?

OP has been offered help with actually trying to help him get the oil leak fixed, that doesn't seem to hold much interest for him. I do hope that he posts back after the cause of the leak is discovered.

If past experience has taught me something about this situation, it is that these types of call out threads never end well. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome.

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.