Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many cfms' (or fan size)..do i need to run to keep my car cool..i dont have a/c and i have a 31*19 summit aluminum radiator? i live in a very hot region of south texas..any suggestion??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Myself I live in Houston so I'm in the same boat, on my superchargerd coupe I run a dual spal fan w/o any cooling problems what so ever. With the stock fan clutch I would see rising temps but since the change to the dual spal setup I run 180* all day long.

Since you dont have a blower to work around you have several options including the MARK VIII which has been covered on this board over and over if you need install instructions.

--Troy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need ideas as to what fan to get for my car..a cheap little 700 cfm fan or 1000cfm....or more?? i have no clue and was wondering if anyone had a similar setup as mine with a fan

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Mark 8 is like 4000cfm. Nothing to worry about when you buy the best.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
ABSOLUTE minimum for a V8 that actually runs is 2500 CFM. BUT, if you actually make any real HP, you need to start looking in the 3500 and up range. As has been pointed out, the Mark VIII (and other stock) electric fans are in the 3500+ cfm.... THe 96 Mark VIII fan will pulll 5000 CFM.... thats when it ripped itself out of the test mock-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts