Ford Mustang Forums banner

Eibach Full Suspension Kit

341 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BlueOvalDriver 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i have this setup on my 99 cobra and im not too impressed with the performance of this set. they're a bit too soft for my taste. for an additional $200 you're better off getting some stiffer springs/dampers if thats what you're looking for.
the eibach set is very close to stock in terms of ride quality and lowers about 1.5". also, the rear tends to be a bit lower than the front.
would i go with eibachs again if i had the choice? no. i would probably go with the h&r with bilsteins, koni or tokikos.

#3 ·
I'm stuck in the same position. I can get the thing rebuilt for about 500 bucks not sure if that's with me pulling it myself or not. I want a 6 speed but that's about a 3000 dollar job with me doing all the work. My T-45 has about 80k miles with about 50 passes on it from the track. The tranny vibrates and sounds real nasty when coast down in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, it pops out of 4th sometimes also.

#5 ·
stanger maniac said:
i have this setup on my 99 cobra and im not too impressed with the performance of this set. they're a bit too soft for my taste. for an additional $200 you're better off getting some stiffer springs/dampers if thats what you're looking for.
the eibach set is very close to stock in terms of ride quality and lowers about 1.5". also, the rear tends to be a bit lower than the front.
would i go with eibachs again if i had the choice? no. i would probably go with the h&r with bilsteins, koni or tokikos.
Thanks for the reply, I definately don't want to make a mistake with my suspension choice. I was thinking maybe going with the Strange 10-ways matched with steeda sport springs. I had the steeda springs on my 99gt and really liked them. The adjustable shocks/struts should give me enough adjustment to get a good combo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.