Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Eibach drag springs. (Not yet installed) How do you hook up the airbag? Do you need a compressor or something to put air in it?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
well...

...you put the bag inside of the right rear coil spring, run the air line out the top, route line and fitting to any location, install the valve core and add air via air tank or go to a service station and put air in just like you were adding air to a tire. air pressure should be anywere from 12 psi to 30 psi.
I run @ 10/12 psi in my car.
Randy Stinchcomb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: well...

RANDY STINCHCOMB said:
...you put the bag inside of the right rear coil spring, run the air line out the top, route line and fitting to any location, install the valve core and add air via air tank or go to a service station and put air in just like you were adding air to a tire. air pressure should be anywere from 12 psi to 30 psi.
I run @ 10/12 psi in my car.
Randy Stinchcomb
What's the ups & downs of having more or less air in it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: well...

RANDY STINCHCOMB said:
...the more air=stiffer ride. at the track? its just a matter of what air pressure works best for your launch.
Randy Stinchcomb
Thanks man. As usual You guys at the corral know your stuff.:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
The reason for the air bag on the right rear is to help keep the right rear tire/wheel from being jerked off of (or away from) the ground, (causing a loss of traction of course) when executing a hard launch @ the track.

John C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts