Ford Mustang Forums banner

EFI Intake comparison

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Lee8995 
#1 ·
OK I have been looking for an after market EFI intake. There are SOOO MANY to choose from. SO I made this thread to help anybody with the same problems in making the decision that I am having. In comparison, how good of an Intake is that new TYPHOON intake. I hear it is nearly identical to the RPM manifold that edelbrock makes. Is that true? Any other helpful hints when choosing an intake manifold would be appreciated! Thanks

#4 ·
Yes more info is needed here.

Next please dont use Typhoon to an Edelbrock Perf RPM in the same sentence. LOL The quality between the 2 is night and day difference.

#5 ·
This will be mostly a street car with SOME strip time. With the new motor, I am gonna rev it to about 6400-6500. It wont be a really radical cam, just something choppy, .525 lift or so. What would be my best intake to get?

#7 ·
the holley is top dog,but it is expensive.if you are hoping to spin the motor that fast i'd buy the perfomer rpm or the trick flow track model,if you can't afford the holley anyway. i think the trick flow is the cheapest and the quality is there.i have the trick flow street and i'm pretty happy with it.

#8 · (Edited)
Personally I hate the Holley intake, It may flow better than most but its qaulity just down right stinks. I have tried it as well as the TFS Track Heat, TFS Street Heat, GT40 and Cobra. I have currently an Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 95 and a FMS Z351(Victor Jr.) converted to EFI on my 89. The Edelbrock and GT40/Cobra were the easiest to install and fit the best with minimal port miss alignment compared to the others. As far as quality, price and performance I am very happy with my Performer RPM which was not the case with my Holley. Of course mine may have been an exception to the rule and just got passed the quality control folks, Dont know that for sure though.

Here is something else to look at, If you buy one of the TFS or Edelbrock intakes then if that upper doesnt seem to work as well with your combo as it could then you can just purchase a new upper plenum for your current lower. Easiest and cheapest way to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.