Ford Mustang Forums banner

EEC-V Connector

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  SorsCode 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anyone that sell the ECU Header connector?

#4 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
The pins themselves? Those are available but you need to buy in bulk which makes it not worth it.
Junkyard might be best bet

#9 ·
Gotcha. Not sure I know of a source for those.

I bought a cheap junk Ford ECU on eBay for $10 or so and just desoldered one.

#12 ·
The only way i have seen that side of those connectors is on a breakout box.
Sorry for the confusion
No worries. I'm going to see if I can a friend to place an order. TE still makes the connector but they limit who can purchase. Time will tell I guess.

#13 ·
Update:

After a few calls with TE, they are no longer going to make them, even though the EoL wasn't till 9/2027. The mold they use is no longer viable. I did place a bid on the mold and waiting on a response on that. With that, I had to go back to the drawing board to find these headers. If anyone knows me, I like to do some programming, so I fired up my laptop and got to work. I collected all the different part numbers that this part was known by and different names (Tyco/AMP/TE). With that, I released my little bot friends to search every corner of the internet and without disappointment I was able to locate a few. Next morning I made a phone call to the only place that stated they had some, they took all my information and said they'd call me back once they validated they still had them, since they have been in inventory since 2007. Well with great surprise they did and I decided to buy them all. Here is one of the many trays I bought (I bought every single one they had).

This means I can move forward on my project. If TE will sell me the mold (I have all the approvals needed) I will look into recreating and producing. If they won't, I will be using a couple of these to make a mold so I can make them.
Rectangle Font Automotive tire Metal Symmetry

#14 ·
Update:

After a few calls with TE, they are no longer going to make them, even though the EoL wasn't till 9/2027. The mold they use is no longer viable. I did place a bid on the mold and waiting on a response on that. With that, I had to go back to the drawing board to find these headers. If anyone knows me, I like to do some programming, so I fired up my laptop and got to work. I collected all the different part numbers that this part was known by and different names (Tyco/AMP/TE). With that, I released my little bot friends to search every corner of the internet and without disappointment I was able to locate a few. Next morning I made a phone call to the only place that stated they had some, they took all my information and said they'd call me back once they validated they still had them, since they have been in inventory since 2007. Well with great surprise they did and I decided to buy them all. Here is one of the many trays I bought (I bought every single one they had).

This means I can move forward on my project. If TE will sell me the mold (I have all the approvals needed) I will look into recreating and producing. If they won't, I will be using a couple of these to make a mold so I can make them.
View attachment 1081683
I'm not sure how to message you directly - I'm working on a Mazda protege project, and it has brought me here. Scouring the internet for these connectors is exactly as this post describes, insanely difficult with little pictures/information. I am trying to build a PnP speeduino and I need to get my hands on one of these connectors. What are the chances you'll let one of these go?

#19 ·
Can you take one of those and replicate it with a 3D printer - either with the help of someone on a forum who has access to a good one OR by sourcing the job to a 3rd party business online who could print one for you to see how close it is (and quality)?

3D printing seems to be the current rage instead of molds. Just a thought.

#20 ·
This is something we are looking at doing. We are also looking at having our own mold made. Both will take some time to produce but will end up producing them. We have a large quantity of the headers right now. We were able to find a company that has a bunch stored away and got them for a really good price.