Ford Mustang Forums banner

EEc numbers which di i have? cant pull codes at ford

782 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  stangjon 
#1 ·
well ford neglecterd to ask me what eec i had, and i neglected to offer the info.(forgot) I know i have a cobra ecm, but here is exactly what it say. If they were to put its a 93 cobra instaed of 91 gt would they be able to pull codes?

EEC-IV SFIMA12A X3Z
F3ZF 12A650- CA
61SM12AF12 23563 -307 - R 1H07

WHAT DO I HAVE?

#3 ·
ok, then i guesss it makes no difference, i must just have a bad ecm...ford cant pull codes, the machine just beeps at them.... they are stumped....

#4 ·
They should be able to pull codes regardless. Looking at your parts numbers, you have an X3Z, aka 93 Cobra processor. You will have to stay with the X3Z, as it is calibrated for your 24# injectors (unless you swap mass air meters).

#5 ·
will i be able to throw an a9l or such in there to check to see if its my ecm that is bad? I know it would run a little rich, but i just want to see if its bad....

#6 ·
It will run a lot rich if you do that. You could throw it in there at the dealership and not start it, just turn the switch to "on" and see if they can pull codes that way. If they can, it should read clean, but at least then you'll know they can read it, and then you can get a new X3Z.

#8 ·
I'm just saying that replacing your X3z with an a9l will not work unless you either:

• replace 24# injectors with 19# injectors
• replace mass air meter with one calibrated for 24# injectors.

I'm not sure which post you are talking about - is it the one about "switching to carb from efi"? If so, I haven't really gotten into that thread, since it was so long before I even saw it. It was at 3+ pages when I saw it the first time.

I'll try to check it out when I get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.