Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Stang Lovers,

I look forward to converting my 1986 2.3L Ford Turbo Multipoint fuel injection engine over to Holley.

I cant wait to ditch the Vane air meter.
I have a horribly choppy idle at operating temperature once the engine computers goes to closed loop (165°f)
I have given up on making this factory set up work. 1986 was a looooong time ago in the computer world (not human world) so the Holley HP should get this Pony galloping.

Has anyone else taking on this task? Looking to go Distributorless. Esslinger is a great start, that have a crank and cam kit.

The last HP ECU I commissioned was a 4.6 Jeep Stroker with a Supercharger. I also added the 12" Pro Dash. So I am only sort of a newbie at this.

Take Care!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
No reason you couldn't make it run. I've done many odd combinations with the Holley systems along with other systems. a 2.3L is nothing new, granted my main focus then was SVO setups and I have my 2.3L with a Volvo head running a MegaSquirt and eventually Holley only to show it could be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No reason you couldn't make it run. I've done many odd combinations with the Holley systems along with other systems. a 2.3L is nothing new, granted my main focus then was SVO setups and I have my 2.3L with a Volvo head running a MegaSquirt and eventually Holley only to show it could be done.
Hi SorsCode,

Any recommendation on a Ditributorless product like MSD, part#'s?. Looking for a stock-mild system. My focus is reliability. The 2.3L Turbo is in my SandRail. I have sourced a CAM sensor to replace the distributor as well as a crank sensor both from Esslinger. And the ECU will be Holley HP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts