Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need an intake for tfs twisted wedge heads with tfs stage 1 cam. looking at rpm II or the systemax II intake. What would be the better choice? Or is there a better intake out there?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Why not think about one of the TFS intakes to go with your combo? The Track Heat would probably suit you just fine... with the stage 1 cam, you are more tailored for low-mid range power curve, and the systemax and RPMII are geared more for the high RPM stuff...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
if it was me i would consider the cobra,gt-40,or the edel.performer.
my second choice would be the rpm I.
the trick flow intakes work,but they are big heavy intakes.
i would not consider either intake with that combo.unless you are getting a S/C.
just my .02

·
Registered
508 Posts
Holley systemax all the way!!!!! go for it dude!!!!

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I would not use the systemax it is to big for what you are trying to do. If you plan on keeping it under 6000 rpm the track heat will work. I don't think that that cam will make power over 6000 so putting the bigger one on there will not help you. If you plan on changing the cam and putting some rpm to it the rpmII or holley will be more useful.
I spin mine to 6400 with the track heat and it was the limit the RPM II should help me a little up top.

Tim

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would go with the cobra. My buddy has a stock shortblock with out of the box tfs heads, stage 1 and a cobra and runs 8.30s at 86 on 265/50 street tires in the 8th. Holley and RPM2 are to big.

·
Registered
665 Posts
With the 221/225 cam timing @ 0.50" of the TFS Stage 1, my first choice would be the Edelbrock Performer 5.0; second, TFS Street Heat. Either would make for a strong street combo.

You need to match your manifold to the power band of the cam; both the Systemax II and RPM II...while very good manifolds...are a mismatch with your cam. The TFS Stage II cam would be a match for either...but then you'd also be needing higher compression, and would lose some low/mid-range torque that would make it a less-friendly street motor.

I'd go with "plan A."

Steve A.

·
Registered
665 Posts
With the 221/225 cam timing @ 0.50" of the TFS Stage 1, my first choice would be the Edelbrock Performer 5.0; second, TFS Street Heat. Either would make for a strong street combo.

You need to match your manifold to the power band of the cam; both the Systemax II and RPM II...while very good manifolds...are a mismatch with your cam. The TFS Stage II cam would be a match for either...but then you'd also be needing higher compression, and would lose some low/mid-range torque that would make it a less-friendly street motor.

I'd go with "plan A."

Steve A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts