Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a good intake for my car. Basically best bang for the buck. I want to use the Trick Flow Track Intake because I want to make power to about 6k. I will be using Gt-40p heads to bolt down to. I have heard the Trick Flow isn't a good choice UNLESS I port it out to have a port-matched set-up. On the other hand I have always heard great things about their intakes.

As for Edelbrock...this guy out here in Vegas put a Edelbrock intake on his pretty much bone stock 95 GT and got 22hp.

Who makes a better intake??

I would like to use a FMS intake but they are expensive and I would really only want to use the GT-40 intake.

What do you guys think?:confused:

·
Registered
682 Posts
No, you got it wrong.

The edelbrock intake needs to be ported.

The TFS does not necessarily for most "medium" head choices.

The tfs track will allow you to make power to 6500 on a 302, and flows very well out of the box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are going to compare which intake is better ported I'd say the edelbrock because you have easy access to the upper. If you want a unported intake go with the TrickFlow.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think he was talking about the port mismatch with the TFS + gt-40p combo. However, my mildly ported gt-40p ports are REAL close to the TFS intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts