Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay the new edelbrock heads claim to give 18 more hp than the old ones, the old ones gave 78 and the upper and lower intakes are said to give 37, thats 133HP. would they really give that much power to a car with intake and exhaust???? i have a b303, 373s with shift kit and full exhaust, if i get the upper and lower intakes and heads with a 70mm TB what would i be running? shouldn't i see 12s????

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thats what I call ricermath chief. Adding up all the claimed #s.

Way I heard it once. Some mag did some testing and changing either heads or intake only, added like 12hp. Then once the other was done the big gains showed up.

If you had the heads and the stock intake your before/after dyno wouldnt be too impressive. Once you add the intake then you might get the extra 35 or so HP.

I guess with all that you could make the 358 (added up) HP at the flywheel but not the ground with that set up (or any other drivable FI 302 for that matter)

12s? yeah, but thats more in the drivers seat, tires, suspension, and weight. dyno #s dont gaurantee anything.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I believe a reasonable cam, those new edelbrock heads and the old or new performer RPM or even performer intake would do 300 to the wheels, meaning an easy 350 fly-wheel HP.

12's are possible in a stocker, so I wouldn't worry about that. That's more driver/gear/tire/tricks though.

the target for a heads/cam/intake car should be 11's, not 12's, JMHO.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You talkin' street car?!?!? Yea run a 4.88 gear on the street buddy! Sure, if you want to run a 28" slick on the street then go for it! =)

·
Registered
376 Posts
i don't think its that far off it equates to 354fwhp or about 300rwhp on your car, doesn't sound like ricermath to me.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
bradad said:
You talkin' street car?!?!? Yea run a 4.88 gear on the street buddy! Sure, if you want to run a 28" slick on the street then go for it! =)
I don't want to sound rude, but I suggest you poke around, read a little, and ask those that have done it what they did.

I'm almost a member myself, ran 12.93 @ 104.7 w/1.72 60', 100% stock longlbock, explorer intake, 3.73 gears, ET Streets, shortbelt (bypassed PS and AC and SMOG), underdrive pullies, 65mm TB and a 70mm MAF plus a ram-air device (funnel). little weight reduction and I was there. except everybody disqualifies me because of the intake. oh well.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
A little weight reduction means they striped everything out of a already light car LOL, can we have a actual race weight please

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
see, i just don't think that is a street car then. when you totally gut the car and bypass everything. maybe its just me but when i ran the numbers with my coupe, i would drive to the track with slicks in the back seat, run loooooow tens and go home with power steering and a/c. i don't mean to whore this thread but just my .o2

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
you should be dam close to the 12's if not there. I forgot to read what gears you have but you will need at least 3.73's with your AOD. With the weight of your car 12's shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts